How We Work
What we do:
We are a boutique travel agency. We plan unforgettable vacations for the most discerning travelers. As a member of one of the nation's largest travel network, we have nearly $5 billion in buying power and solid relationships with premier hotels, tour and cruise operators. This translates to you in exceptional perks, amenities, and non-traditional experiences you could never seamlessly create on your own. Additionally, the customer care you will receive during the course of your travel will provide peace of mind you simply can't put a price tag on.
In this spirit, these are the three areas we specialize in:
Custom Itinerary & Tour Planning: One vacation does not fit all. Whether you are an avid traveler and are always seeking out the world's most pleasing or eye-opening places to visit, or wish to take a once in a lifetime dream vacation, we will create the perfect journey for you. The knowledge of Town & Country's expert vacation planners combined with our relationship with destination specialists results in a custom-crafted itinerary that is most suitable to your lifestyle and aspirations for each and every vacation, however sublimely different they may be. Visit our Signature Destinations for inspiration.
Cruises: From cost savings to expert guidance, our clients benefit in ways that enhance an entire vacation experience. Access the best rates along with other perks like upgrades, on-board ship credits and pre-paid gratuities. We will help you with deciding which cruise lines and ports-of-call are best for you, and can assist with planning a pre- and/or post-cruise stay. Visit our Cruises page to learn more.
Safaris: The word "safari" is Swahili for journey, and we have some incredible journeys in store for you. Whether you are crossing the Drake Passage to see penguins, venturing to India for rich culture, or to Africa to see the Big 5, we have every adventure covered. These once in a lifetime trips will have every one of your senses filled in a way that will live in your heart and mind forever. Safari's are a huge commitment on many levels, and are not the type of journey you want to arrange without the help of a true professional. Town & Country's president, Jane Lee Winter, makes annual visits to Africa and has become an industry-recognized African safari expert Visit our safari site to learn more about travel to Botswana, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Zambia and Namibia.
Hotels: Town & Country works with a network of more than 900 boutique, upscale and luxury hotels and resorts worldwide that have been vetted to ensure the utmost quality. When you book your Signature Hotels & Resort Collection reservation with us, you will enjoy valuable privileges often worth hundreds of dollars. Some of the special benefits that you can enjoy as our guest include: complimentary breakfast for two daily, additional special benefits such as spa or food and beverage credits, room upgrades if available upon arrival, and early check-in and late check-out whenever available. Visit our Hotels & Resorts site to explore our exceptional properties.
How we work:
- We take your trip personally, and will meet with you by appointment to best serve you.
- You will be asked to submit a deposit at the time of booking. The fee varies depending on the level of custom work involved, and in most cases is refunded back to you following the completion of your trip.
- We will communicate with you through the entire process, and send you on your way with complete and beautifully packaged documents.
- We will welcome you home and will be eager to hear how your vacation was.
What we don't do:
- We will not book you somewhere that is not in line with your expectations or reason for the trip.
- We will not book airline tickets unless they are in conjunction with a tour, custom itinerary or cruise.
- We will not book you somewhere we do not feel confident that you will have a high quality experience. We book hotel rooms, tours, cruises and safaris with complete confidence in our portfolio of suppliers.